Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What can i say.....

A close friend just got out of a relationship which was kind of bitter yet contains memories that he would cherish through out his life.

According to him, he'd be able to see things from the opp. sex point of view. However, he'd miss the time spent being in a couple for some time. It was his first relationship.

You see, he was engaged to his girlfriend for a short while when suddenly there were some misunderstandings...

He was ready to settle while she was not....different expectations i guess. Now my friend is a very straight guy and is quite a family oriented guy (IMHO). I'd say his parents would have a say in almost what goes on in his life.

Something happened and now both the girl and his parents are not on talking terms and both feel insulted.

PAUSE, Rewind a bit, now how come the parents got involved in this stage? I dunno....i had a word with my friend and it seems, somewhere along the line his parents went to discuss certain things. My tots on this were, how come?

You're a man, do it your self? Ah....but what the heck ! It's done for, the engagement is over, the ring is to be returned and now both of them are mending their wounds.

Both of parties, had their parents involved too early into the stage of the relationship in my opinion, i mean i ain't saying that i am better than him. I mean things have got to be diplomatic to a certain stage, since I AM GETTING MARRIED and not my parents.

I know its a package but what the heck man....respect the ones who are getting hitched. Suddenly i am pissed because just becoz of some ego, my pal isn't getting married. The gal has become a bit distant and life moves on.....

My friend should have known better, but he is now recovering and looking at the brighter side of life i guess. Things like this can drain you.....such a simple misunderstanding can cost a relationship to be destroyed just like that....

Sigh....i feel sorry for my friend since its such a waste....they seem like a great couple.
There's nothing i can do except encourage him to go out more and meet new ppl. There's a lot of fish in the sea my friend. (If you're reading this....U CAN DO IT MY MAN !)

No comments: