Tuesday, May 19, 2009

100 Days

A hundred days have passed by after the passing of my father. Funny how time will ease the loss of a love one to an ache. It never goes away but i kinda feel weird that my dad is no longer around.

You watch this scene so many times in television dramas, to movies, and even when it happens to your friends. But you never thought that this could happen to you.

I feel his presence every time i go home to my parents home, and i can feel but a quarter of the loneliness my mom feels. It makes you fee very very mortal and you start to want to appreciate the people and family around you more.

I could never imagine if i lost my spouse and i dunno if i can ride it through, but then we humans normally do. Humans have the capacity to change or evolve at the height of danger, panic or fear.

Everywhere i go i see my dad and the stamp he has left behind amongst his peers and normal hangouts.

I took over the club membership he had, which was a place where i grew up during my childhood. It brings back many memories of the time my parents and us siblings spent there. It stirs the ache in my heart to feel these memories coming along in a rush. Its especially stronger when i walk alone along the corridors of the club.

I miss you dad and i hope you're happy wherever you are. We all miss you and mom misses you the most.

No worries, i'll take good care of her, you have my word as a man and as your son.

1 comment:

liz said...

u're really the man, take gud care of ur mum... *respect*