Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sold !

I finally got news that my MPV was sold. It's been a thorn in my side for about 3 to 4 months. I can tell the full story now.

I approached a Perodua showroom in Sri Petaling to get rid of my car on the pretense of getting a Myvi. They promise to dispose of my car ASAP (which was a lie - due to an very unscrupulous used car dealer in Ampang). Well the reason why i sold the car was coz i lost confidence in it.

It rain one day and it was pouring. Apparently the neighbourhood where we live had loads of rats living in the gutter/drains. The rain flooded the drains and them rats infested my brand new mpv for shelter. They either grew hungry or their instinct was to chew all the wirings in my car.

End result is :-

1. Car needs to be towed
2. Wiring harness costs RM 7000.00 to replace (Not an option to me)
3. Splice and reconnect job costs RM 1800.00
4. Tow plus shortcut job costs RM 2000.00 ++

So i reconnect the wires and the car has some shudders as the mech says that the ECU could be affected. The air cond compressor gives a squeak here and there akin to a rat squeak. Very traumatizing to drive.

So.....sell it. (This was in Decemeber), car was handed to the used car (a big no no but i was desperate and i had a bill of sale as proof) in January only to be sold in May. Delay after delays gave me a huge head ache and worry. Then it was settled after constant pestering on my part and i got the end result.

A call to the finance company said i was clear....

Debt free...finally.

No comments: